After passing the aptitude examination, applicants receive their admission slips by post. This states an appointment at which all first term and newly enrolled students meet in Kiel to enrol personally at the Muthesius University. Students entering a higher term are enrolled individually.
For enrolment you require:
- University entrance qualification certificates (or equivalents) as certified/authorised copies
- Admission slip
- Proof of payment (e.g. direct debit slip) of the term fee for the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein (Services Authority) and for the Allgemeinen Studierenden-Ausschuss (AStA – Students’ Union);
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Agreement on the use of personal data
- B.A./Diploma certificate for Master’s programme applications
For those changing universites/academies, you also require:
- Certificate of student status and the exmatriculation certifcate of the previous university.
For those students who have completed their studies abroad or who are not German, you will also need:
- Certified/authorised copy of a German Secondary School Leaving Certificate or equivalent. The equivalents are tested by UNI-ASSIST. Please add certificates in German translation. These must also be certified/authorised copies, which can be obtained from the German Embassy or Consulate representative or sworn interpreters or translators
- Proof of sufficient German language skills. Accepted certificates are the successful completion of a study college for foreign students or other equivalent certificates or the successfully completed examination of DSH II or the DaF test with 4×4 points or telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- Copy of your passport with Residence Permit
To confirm your enrolment all students receive identification slips in a folded booklet. These include the student identification card, proof of grant/stipend (if applicable), a public transport pass and several certificates confirming student status for summission to other institutions. Please do not laminate the transport pass – this has lead to discussions of its validity in the past.
Student Health Insurance
For admission to study courses proof of existing Statutory Health Insurance must be submitted. Excepted from these regulations are:
- Students who are insured via their family – this is possible up to 25 years of age;
- Students who are insured via their marital partner
- Students who are insured due to an orphan’s pension – this is possible up to 27 years of age
- Students who are privately insured. You may apply to become exempt from the legally required student insurance.
T 0431 / 5198 – 414, E firstname.lastname@example.org
Legienstraße 35, Adminidtration Building, 1st Floor
Mon. – Thu. 10 am – 12 am and 1:30 pm – 3 pm