After passing the aptitude test, applicants receive their notification of admission together with the documents for enrollment by e-mail. The enrollment takes place by mail. The admission notice will state the deadline by which the enrollment documents must be received by the student secretariat.
For enrollment is required:
- Enrollment application document
- If applicable: Certificate of university entrance qualification (certified copy)
- For enrollment in the Master: Bachelor’s/diploma degree certificate (certified copy)
- Copy of identity card (alternatively passport)
- Proof of payment of the semester fee
- Declaration of consent for the use of personal data
- In addition, you must arrange for digital notification of your insurance status with a statutory health insurance company.
Those who are changing universities or have already completed a university degree also submit:
- Exmatriculation certificate from the last university
Those who completed their schooling abroad or do not have German citizenship also need:
- Certified copy of a German school leaving certificate or equivalent certificates. The equivalence will be checked at UNI-ASSIST. Please add certificates in German translation. These must also be certified/authorised copies, which can be obtained from the German Embassy or Consulate representative or sworn interpreters or translators.
- Proof of sufficient German language skills: C1 (Goethe C1, Telc C1 Hochschule, TestDaF 4×4 or DSH-2).
- Exception B.F.A. Liberal Arts: B1 (Goethe B1, ÖSD B1 or telc B1)
- Exception M.F.A. Liberal Arts: B2 (DSH1, Test-DaF 4×3 or telc B2)
- Also a certificate for the successful attendance of a Studienkolleg for foreigners as well as other certificates that are considered equivalent will be accepted.
- The copy of the passport with residence permit (visa)
To confirm enrollment, all students receive a leaflet (Leporello) with student ID, BAföG proof, bus ticket and several study certificates. For the start of the winter semester, the Leporello will probably be sent out in September, for the start of the summer semester in March.
Please do not laminate the bus ticket; in the past, this has led to discussions about validity during inspections.
T 0431 / 5198 - 487
E email@example.com, or